No matter the age, it’s always recommended to take proper care of your body to keep illnesses at bay. But if you are someone who is 60 or older, something as simple as a fever or a common cold can develop into a serious disease and lead to several complications. We promote hassle-free Senior Living Bangalore with facilities like 24/7 paramedical care that include visiting doctors, in-house nurses, physiotherapists, care assistants, and in-house ambulance
As a child, you may have received a variety of vaccinations to stay immune from various diseases, however there are many other immunizations for older adults as well. Taking a vaccination shot will prevent or significantly reduce the chance of getting sick from severe symptoms. Here’s how you can stay up-to-date and boost your body’s immunity by following easy practices in your regular life.
- Remember to wash your hands frequently – This hygienic practice needs to be followed after using the restroom, before and after preparing food, and when your body comes in contact with high-touch surfaces like doorknobs, elevator buttons, outside railings, kitchen countertops, and even swipe machines. In case you don’t have access to soap and water, you can use a hand sanitizer too.
- Avoid touching your face too many times – After coming in contact with any surface, make sure you keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as can. These are some of the easiest places for germs to enter our body due to the open tract that connects with the internal immune system.
- Maintain distance from people who are ill – If someone, be it a loved one you know has been suffering from a cold, flu, or another potentially contagious disease, wait to visit with them until they have fully recovered from their state. Our retirement community offers senior homes in Bangalore with the best modern medical facilities so that residents need not commute long distances in search of them.
- Finish your antibiotics timely – If your medical caregiver has advised you to take a prescription, make sure you take it until the infection or illness is completely cured. Even if you start to feel better, don’t stop the antibiotic midway without consulting the doctor or you might fight face severe issues later on.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well – If you feel uneasy, make sure your body receives plenty of rest. It’s always recommended to stay home and give adequate rest till you’re better. Your immune system may already be weakened, and you don’t want to risk exposing yourself to the germs present outside.
Senior living In Bangalore like ours has all-around doctors and nurses who can assist you with meal planning and preparation to make sure you’re eating a well-balanced and nutritious diet to boost your immune health and keep all diseases at bay.